Is there a dish more perfect than a ham and broccoli crustless quiche? Filled with ham, broccoli, and, of course, eggs, this hearty dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – and an ideal addition for brunch! No matter how you serve it, this keto quiche is a WHOLE LOTTA YUM!
Broccoli and Ham Crustless Quiche
Brunch is an amazing meal, isn’t it? It’s an opportunity to relax over a meal, enjoy breakfast foods with a variety of no-breakfast items as well, and a slower pace.
Yet, typical brunch foods are NOT low-carb or keto-friendly. They are heavy, filled with carbs and sugars, and rarely a vegetable in sight. Sugary syrups, fruits, and all forms of bread and pastries leave those of us trying to cut carbs desperate for something to fill our plates with.
Enter the ham and broccoli crustless quiche, a keto quiche recipe that works. We didn’t sacrifice any of the flavor or texture by skipping the traditional pastry crust, but we did seriously reduce the carb-count. What’s left, is a mix of meats, veggies, and cheeses that are tasty, flavorful, and a dish that is easy to whip up and sure to please everyone who tries it!
Why You’ll Love This!
- With a base of eggs, and a filling of meats, veggies, and cheese, this ham and broccoli crustless quiche is seriously filling dish even without the crust.
- Our brocolli and ham crustless quiche is the perfect addition to any breakfast table or brunch buffet.
- Filled with all of the flavor and texture you have come to expect from a quiche, our keto broccoli quiche is gluten-free, low-carb, and keto approved so you can have your breakfast and stay on track.
- Easily prepare your ham and broccoli crustless quiche the night before and simply warm it up in the morning for a no-hassle real breakfast in minutes!
- Follow this recipe exactly, or experiment with a variety of meats, veggies, and cheeses to put your own unique spin on this keto quiche.
Looking for more keto recipes to serve at your low-carb and keto brunch table? Look no further than these tasty recipes: bacon and egg cups, bacon cooked in the oven, crockpot keto ham with no sugar glaze, and wilted spinach salad.
To make the perfect no crust ham and broccoli quiche you are going to need a few kitchen basics.
- ham – chopped
- sweet onion – diced
- broccoli – cut into bite-size pieces
- shredded cheddar cheese
- large eggs
- heavy whipping cream
- Ham – You can also use other breakfast meats including ground sausage or bacon.
- Cheese – We are loving cheddar for this, but a 3 cheese blend, sharp cheddar cheese, or a gruyere swiss blend would also go very well.
As written, this ham and broccoli crustless quiche is low-carb, keto, and gluten-free. To maintain that, we do recommend using block cheese and shredding your own. Preshredded cheese has potato starch added to prevent clumping and this means there are carbs.
- Vegetarian – To make your keto quiche work for a vegetarian lifestyle, omit the ham and add in extra vegetables.
Step by Step Instructions
Your ham and broccoli crustless quiche does need some prep-work but trust us, it’s worth it! Chop your ham, dice your onions, and cut up your broccoli before preheating your pan. You are also going to want to shred your cheese before getting started as well because this whole recipe will come together pretty quickly.
While you are chopping, dicing, slicing, and shredding your meat, cheese, and vegetables, get your oven preheating to 400F.
Grease a 9″ pan as well (I prefer round, but you could use square).
Over medium heat, warm a medium-sized skillet and melt your butter.
Add in your onion and saute it in the melted butter until the onions are nice and soft. This will take about 6-7 minutes.
Add the chopped broccoli florets to the bottom of your prepared pan.
Then add the onion and ham mixture on top of that.
Sprinkle with one cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Mix the eggs and whipping cream together in a small bowl.
Pour the egg and cream mixture over the top of the vegetable/cheese mixture.
Bake the ham and broccoli quiche on the middle rack in the center of the oven for 30-35 minutes until the eggs are set.
Slice and serve! One quiche makes 8 traditional-sized servings.
- Be sure you grease your pan to prevent the eggs from sticking during baking.
- While it may be tempting to skip the heavy whipping cream, this addition helps your eggs to be light and fluffy in the final product.
- This dish is good served both hot or cold.
- Adapt to your family’s preferences by changing out meat, cheese, or vegetables.
- Top with additional cheese or an optional herb garnish.
Store any leftovers you have in the fridge in an airtight container and eat withing four days.
We do not recommend substituting the heavy whipping. Cream has a much thicker consistency than milk or non-dairy milks including almond milk that will cause your broccoli and ham quiche to be runny.
Due to the amount of dairy in your quiche we do not recommend freezing it. Frozen cream often will change texture in the freezer and become grainy after defrosting.
In a word: yes. As long as you are making a crustless quiche and watching for hidden carbs in the items you are adding you can make a keto quiche. To keep your carb count low, be sure to stick to a filling of eggs, protein, cheese, and naturally low-carb veggies. Watch for hidden sugars in your protein choices, such as maple flavored bacon or sausage. And be sure to read the label on your cheese selection.
Other Keto Brunch Recipes You’ll Love
- Bacon Cooked In The Oven
- Low-Carb Creamy Bacon and Egg Cups
- Crockpot Ham with No Sugar Glaze
- Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 400F and place the oven rack in the center position. Grease a 9″ size pie pan.
- Over medium heat in a medium-sized skillet, melt the butter.
- Saute the onion in the melted until soft, which takes about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chopped broccoli florets to the bottom of pie pan, and then add the onion and ham mixture on top of that.
- Sprinkle with one cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix the eggs and whipping cream together in a small bowl and pour it over the top of the vegetable/cheese mixture.
- Bake the ham crustless quiche on the middle rack in the center of the oven for 30-35 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Serves 8. Enjoy cold or warm!
In place of ham, bacon would be a great substitute.
If you’re on a keto diet be sure to shred the cheddar cheese from a block instead of using pre-shredded cheese. Bagged cheese includes potato starch which increases the carbs.
Feel free to substitute other types of cheese in this recipe like a 3 cheese blend, a sharp cheddar cheese, or a gruyere swiss blend.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 269Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 200mgSodium 373mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 13g