Make up a batch or two of these Camping Margaritas for delicious slushie on your next camping trip.
These margaritas require some advance planning because they need time to freeze before the camping trip. As with any alcohol, they will not freeze solid. They turn into the most amazing slushy margaritas and they really couldn’t be any easier.
I’ve learned over the years to double bag my margaritas because if I don’t something happens and the bag gets ruined and the margaritas end up spilling in the ice chest. No that is a total camping fail…I refuse to let my margaritas spill, so I take the extra precautions to double bag everything. Knock on wood, nothing has ruined them since I started doing that!
I have been using this recipe for probably 20 years and it’s always a hit when I pull the bag out on our camping trips. Our friends go crazy that I’m able to bring a slushie margarita with us and pull it out of the ice chest a couple days into our trip. Sippin’ one of these camping margaritas by the campfire is an amazing thing!
Looking for camping inspiration? Check out my whole Camping Planning section for recipes, tips, and ideas for great family camping vacations.
- 1 (12 ounce) can limeade
- 3 (12 ounce) cans water (*see notes)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tequila + a couple splashes more
- 6 ounces (1/2 can) can triple sec
- 2 limes, cut into 6 wedges each
- margarita salt
- To keep this recipe even easier, use the limeade can to measure all the other ingredients.
- Place everything into a ziptop baggie. Place filled bag, into a second baggie to keep it safe during transport (it’s easier to double bag it before it freezes.) Freeze for several days until firm, transfer to an ice chest filled with lots of ice.
- When ready to serve, break the mixture apart until it’s slushy.
- Set out 8 cups and rub a lime wedge around the rim of each cup, dip in salt to coat the rim. Pour into plastic cups that have been rimmed with margarita salt. Serve with a wedge of fresh lime.
* Use the limeade can to measure the water and tequila.
* Don’t want to use a zip top bag, try freezing in an empty juice bottle (just leave an inch or two room at the top for expanding)
*Prep everything before going camping for easy serving. Slice all the limes and store in a bag in the cooler. Make sure there is clean ice for the drinks as well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 132Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 0g