Pineapple Banana Spice Cake. Need a delicious cake and one you can whip up in minutes and wow your guests? Then try this Pineapple Banana Spice Cake! Super moist and delicious, this pineapple banana spice cake is loaded with crushed pineapple, mashed bananas, warm spices and topped with a simple frosting. With a melt-in-your-mouth quality and a luscious vanilla cream cheese frosting, this cake will have your guests asking for more!
All cakes always bring a smile every time one is placed on the table, regardless of the festivity. I made this cake and served it to friends at a cocktail party, much to everyone’s enjoyment. And, I was lucky enough to get a few photos before it disappeared!
Cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar gave this pineapple banana spice cake an underlying warm spice flavor and it’s warm color.
These warm flavors work very well, balancing out the sweet pineapple and bananas – not too overpowering and not too sweet.
You really can’t go wrong with this cake. It’s super easy to make and bake! Each bite offers wonderful flavors. The vanilla cream cheese frosting is also a simple recipe to whip up.
It is made with only 4 ingredients: cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. And it pairs very nicely with this pineapple banana spice cake. This recipe was adapted from our hummingbird cupcakes recipe, which is also wonderful for easy cupcakes.
Serve it chilled or at room temperature. Try it, it won’t disappoint!
More Tasty Cake Recipes!
Bakery-Style Lemon Raspberry Cake
Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
Eggnog Cheesecake with Candied Pecans
Mocha Coffee Cake
1 hour 10 minutes
1 hour 10 minutes
1 hour 20 minutes
1 hour 20 minutes
- 3 cups of all -purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 + 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups crushed pineapple (or 16-ounce can,do not drain liquid)
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 + 3/4 cups of mashed bananas ( I used 3 small bananas)
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 ounce package of cream cheese, soften
- 1/4 cup of butter (1/2 of a stick), soften
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups powered sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Butter generously (or spray) and flour a bundt cake pan. Set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (the first seven ingredients) in a large bowl. Add eggs and oil and stir or use a good whisk until the dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over beat).
- Stir in pineapple, vanilla extract and mashed bananas and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.
- BAKE for 1 hour and 10 minutes. The toothpick should come out clean when cake is done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Flip the cake out onto a cake plate.
- Set cake aside to cool completely before frosting.
Directions for Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a medium size bowl, beat cream cheese with butter. Add in vanilla extract and beat again.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Frost cake with a knife or spatula. Serve cake at room temperature, and refrigerate and remaining cake.
- Serves 10 to 12
Hello friends! Are you baking with us? If you try this delicious pineapple banana spice cake, let us know and give us a 5 star rating on our recipe card, and you may leave a comment!
Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram #2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest, if you like. We’d love to see how it turns out! 🙂
For more tasty recipes? Sign up for our newsletter and SUBSCRIBE to receive recipes deliver to your inbox for FREE!