These pear pancakes are filled with cinnamon flavor and the perfect healthy fall breakfast. They’ve got chopped pears inside the pancakes and caramelized pears on top!
The fall pancake spree continues! You can see all the pancake recipes here:
- Oatmeal pumpkin pancakes
- Pumpkin protein pancakes
- Apple spice pancakes
- Gingerbread pumpkin pancakes
- Cranberry almond whole wheat pancakes
- Persimmon almond pancakes
- Pomegranate chocolate chip pancakes
This week we have pears!
I tend to overlook pears when it comes to fall foods.
I buy them, they sit in the fruit bowl but only get eaten as is.
I never bake with them (I’ve since changed that with these paleo baked pears and this granola pear bread) or do anything fun like poaching (too much work) so, pancakes seemed like the perfect way to change that.
I actually had a thought to pair (hehe) the pears with rosemary and do something borderline savory (like this thyme pear apple butter or this pear bacon and brie grilled cheese) but the fact that it was snowing on my rosemary plant outside deterred me from that.
So, cinnamon-y sweet it was.
Cinnamon in pancakes like these cinnamon raisin oat bran pancakes, is nothing ground-breaking or crazy in the world of recipe development but when you sauté butter, pears and cinnamon together to top these pancakes and you fill the pancakes with pears, they become something special.
The pears bring a more subtle flavor than apples so these are sweetened with a bit of brown sugar.
If you love apples in pancakes make sure to try these apple carrot cake pancakes.
I loved the texture of biting into the pancake and getting chunks of pear in each bite.
Hopefully you’re somewhere with power and were able to enjoy your breakfast.
We ate cereal with milk that had been shoved into the snow last night to keep it cold.
At least I had these yesterday.
Looking for some more pancake inspiration?
Try perfect protein pancakes, sweet potato chocolate chip pancakes or, pumpkin paleo pancakes – all great options as well!
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar + a little extra
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pear
- small pat of butter
- Chop 3/4 of the pear and saute in a pan over medium heat with the small pat of butter and a dash of brown sugar.
- While that is cooking, whisk all the other ingredients in a medium bowl and finely chop the remaining 1/4 of the pear and add to batter.
- Heat a skillet or pancake griddle on medium-high and pour batter onto pan.
- Flip once, cooking 1-2 minutes per side.
- Top pancakes with pear mixture from the saute pan.
Any ideas for next week’s pancakes?