This Spinach Salad is the ULTIMATE salad recipe. Juicy seasoned chicken with avocado and vegetables on a bed of fresh spinach with a homemade dressing.
Spinach Salad Recipe-
I love recipes that are hearty and filling yet so healthy and loaded with nutrition. This Spinach Salad is exactly that. It’s loaded with fresh spinach, avocado, egg, tomato, cucumber with chicken and bacon, and topped with a mouth-watering homemade dressing.
How to Make a Spinach Salad?
- Cook eggs– Boils eggs. Once cooled, peel and cube.
- Cook bacon– Cut bacon into bite-sized pieces and cook until crispy.
- Prepare chicken– Prepare a recipe for pan-seared chicken breast.
- Cook chicken– In a skillet, heat oil over high heat. Once hot, add the chicken. Sear chicken 2 minutes per side. Turn the heat down to med/low and cook another 6-8 minutes, per side or until cooked through. Once cooked cut into slices or cubes.
- Prepare dressing- In a jar, add all of the ingredients for the dressing and mix until combined.
- Prepare vegetables– Cut the cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado into slices or cubes.
- Assemble salad– Add fresh spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, eggs, avocado, bacon, and croutons. Add the hot chicken. Drizzle salad with dressing. Toss to combine and ENJOY!
|Chef’s TIP- This salad is best enjoyed immediately while it’s fresh.|
I love how hearty this recipe is and that it can easily be enjoyed as a meal and not just a side salad.
Try these other loaded salads!
Cobb Salad Recipe
Dorito Taco Salad Recipe (VIDEO)
Romaine Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe (VIDEO)
Ranch BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
Can I substitute chicken for a different meat?
If you don’t have chicken breast on hand, shrimp, beef or salmon will all work great in this salad.
Can I make the salad in advance?
You can definitely prepare the salad and dressing in advance. Keep salad refrigerated and unmixed. Add dressing and mix before serving.
I hope you love this Spinach Salad as much as we do and it will become a favorite for lunch or dinner.
Other Healthy Salads-
- Easy Cucumber Salad– with a tangy dressing.
- Tomato Mozzarella Salad– so good.
- Greek Salad– with a homemade dressing.
- Caprese Salad– with our popular Balsamic Glaze.
Spinach Salad with Chicken and Avocado
- 1 recipe for pan-seared chicken breast
- 5 oz spinach
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 4 oz bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Prepare recipe for chicken breast.
On high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet. Sear chicken 2 minutes on both sides. Turn heat down to low, close lid of the skillet and cook another 5-6 minutes, until chicken is tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the spinach salad dressing.
Prepare all the ingredients for the salad ingredients and arrange them in a large salad bowl.
Slice the chicken and add to the salad. Drizzle with the homemade dressing and toss.