These taquitos are filled with chicken seasoned with homemade fajita spice mix and cheese, then air fried till crispy and crunchy. You can serve them with my homemade quick and easy salsa dip.
What Is A Taquito
Taquito is a Mexican dish which is actually a rolled-up tortilla stuffed with chicken, beef or veggies along with cheese. This tortilla is then deep-fried for a crispy, hard shell. It can also be baked or air fried. Taquitos can be served with salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream.
How To Make Chicken Fajita Taquitos
- Cook the chicken with the homemade fajita seasoning. Add bell peppers and keep aside.
- Take a tortilla. I use small corn tortillas. Put the filling on one side, do not over stuff as taquitos are thinner than burritos.
- Add your choice of cheese. You can use a Mexican cheese blend. I use a combination of Cheddar and Mozzarella. Roll the tortilla tightly. Secure with a toothpick if you want. I just put the seam side down.
- Now you can air fry, bake or deep fry these. I have air fried them here.
- These are served alongside sour cream, salsa or guacamole.
- You can also find a homemade salsa recipe below.
You Might Also Like
- Creamy Chicken Fajita Fettuccine
- Crispy Cajun Shrimp Tacos
Air Fryer Chicken Fajita Taquitos with Homemade Salsa
These taquitos are filled with chicken fajita and cheese and air fried till crispy and crunchy.
- 300 g boneless chicken cut in small cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup bell peppers sliced
- 4 small corn tortillas
- cheese blend cheddar + mozzarella
FOR THE SALSA
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch sugar
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
Heat 2tablespoon oil in a pan. Fry chicken in it and add all the spices. When the chicken is slightly charred add the bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes only. Turn off heat and keep the filling aside.
Take a tortilla, put 3-4 tablespoon of the filling, some cheese blend and roll it tightly. Keep aside with the seam side down. Do the same for all the other tortillas.
Put these tortillas in your air fryer basket. Spray some oil on top. And cook at 200 C for 8mins. Turn oven midway.
Or bake at 220 C for 15-20 mins.
For frying, heat oil in a pot. Shallow or deep fry the tortillas on medium heat till golden and crispy all over.
Combine all the salsa ingredients together.
Serve the taquitos with some sour cream and homemade salsa.
PIN IT FOR LATER